By Inside Biz
The Enactus Board of Directors has appointed Nqobile Dludlu as the new Country Director.
This comes after the previous Country Director, Wonderboy Khumalo’s term came to an end in December 2022 after a 4-year stint.
Dludlu brings with her a wealth of experience as she has been involved in the Community Development spectrum for over 17 years.
The Director has also worked as Country Coordinator for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives and has been a lecturer at the Institute of Development Management for the past four years, taking students for a Project Management module.
Dludlu commenced her duties in February 2023 and hit the ground running, evidenced by the flurry of activities that the youth organization has been immersed in.
A CEOs meeting was held shortly after her arrival, where the Country Director was introduced to the entrepreneurial students who serve as Chief Executive Officers of the various tertiary teams registered under the Enactus program.
She has also met with the Faculty Advisors of the tertiary institutions that are members of the Enactus network in a meeting held two weeks ago at the Sibane Sami Hotel.
When sought for comment, the new Country Director had this to say.
“I’m excited to be joining Enactus at a time when it has become apparent in the country that entrepreneurship for the youth is one of the fundamental game changers in solving some of the social ills engulfing the country and also as a means of recovery from the negative effects of the Covid-19 pandemic. I am looking forward to working with relevant partners in impacting the next generation of leaders. We welcome all individuals and organizations to work with us as we prepare these young people to be the entrepreneurial and socially responsible leaders of tomorrow.”
She further mentioned that anyone who wanted to be a business advisor/mentor, sponsor, or partner for the Enactus program to contact the Enactus office for further deliberations.
About Nqobile Dludlu
· She holds a Post Graduate Certificate in Education, a Bachelor of Science in Home Economics, and a Certificate in Project Management.
· She comes in with over 17 years of experience in the Community Development spectrum.
· Has worked for World Vision and other notable NGOs in the country.
· A Monitoring and Evaluation specialist who has successfully completed projects such as the three-year Climate Smart Market Oriented Project that was funded by the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa and coordinated by the United Nations Development Program.
· Former Project Coordinator for the Woman Farmer Foundation.
· Worked as Country Coordinator for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives
· She has been a lecturer at the Institute of Development Management for the past 4 years, taking students to a Project Management module
Enactus is the largest non-profit, experiential learning platform dedicated to creating a better world while developing the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders and social innovators. A network of global business, academic and student leaders unified by a vision to create a better, more sustainable world; the organization also provides a platform for NextGen Leaders to develop leadership skills while working with top companies worldwide.